Police have released a map of crime spots in the north of Pretoria which residents should avoid at “all costs”.
“We urge the community to use alternatives,” said police spokesperson Captain Matthews Nkoadi.
Residents should take note of the following areas:
– Loate, especially Mhlaumbe extension 3, for car hijackings, house robberies and assaults.
– Slovoville, Lebanon, Beirut, Odi cemetery and Mabopane stadium for car hijackings and business robberies.
– Mabopane, especially the area near the Gold Rush Morula resort, for thefts out of motor vehicles.
– Itsoseng and Klipgat for burglary and cable theft.
– Rietgat, blocks GG, HH, X, P, Y, PP for house robberies, burglaries and carjackings.
– Akasia, Wonder Park for theft out of vehicles.
ALSO READ: Police identify north crime hot spots
– Karen Park for common robberies.
– KFC for armed robberies.
– Carousel plaza and Jubilee mall for armed robberies.
– Dube, around Makaunyane, for robberies.
– Eesterust, Bosplaas and Suurman for robberies and murders.
– Bringaville in Masakeng, zones 1, 2, 4, 16 and 15 Ga-Rankuwa for robberies and house break-ins.
“Bank robberies remain thorny at all malls in the community,” said Nkoadi.
“Our members, however, are patrolling all areas as a part of ensuring visibility all the time.”
Despite this, he warned that residents should exercise caution all the time.
He urged all communities to contact the crime stop number 08600-10111 to report any crimes.
Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: