No arrest has been made in connection with the Centurion informal settlement shooting on Sunday morning.
Police spokesperson Constable Tumisang Moloto said on Monday a case of attempted murder had been opened after two people including a tavern owner were seriously injured in a shooting.
The tavern owner was shot in his upper body and the other man had sustained a gunshot wound to his abdomen.
“The motive for the shooting is currently unknown and the police are investigating,” he said.
ER24 spokesperson Ineke van Huyssteen said when the emergency services personnel arrived at the scene around 02:00, they found a man lying on the road.
“They treated him on the scene before transporting him to hospital for further medical care.”
Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: